Website The Block
The Block is a Community Entertainment Center for Fun!
Shift Manager Job Description
The Shift Manager is responsible for ensuring that operations run smoothly at The Block. This includes providing excellent customer service and making sure that store policies are followed. The Floor Shift Manager is also responsible for making sure that all employees are trained, as well as monitoring their performance and enforcing company policies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee the performance of all Floor Staff at The Block employees during the shift.
- Assist with training new hires.
- Ensure cleanliness of The Block.
- Monitor sales goals, and report to management to adjust staffing and ensure profitability.
- Handle customer complaints, ensuring a positive customer experience by listening to their concerns and finding a solution.
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure that there is enough product on the shelves at all times.
- Assist with cash handling as needed.
- Ensure that all company policies are being followed by employees.
- Monitor staff schedules to ensure they are balanced and consistent with staffing needs.
- Greet guests with an enthusiastic smile and provide information to customers on the rules of The Block.
- Maintain a clean and orderly facility by removing any spills or trash.
- Help guests with skates, trampoline socks, drinks, or other items.
- Assist in providing a safe environment by enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Assist in maintaining the safety of equipment by inspecting, and performing maintenance as needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time on concrete surfaces.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with high volume of guests
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Outgoing personality with a lot of energy
- Monitor and follow the instructions of the general manager and/or owner.
- Basic computer skill for guest check out.
- Average pay scale for the Shift Manager position is between $14-$17 per hour based on work experience.